BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"Any fool can be a Father, but it takes a real man to be a Daddy!" - Philip Whitmore Snr

With Father's Day coming up this Sunday and getting ready for it, it's got me thinking about the Fathers I know in my life. I know many fathers, mine, my father-in-law, my grandpa, poppa, uncle's and of course my husband. All of the fathers I know are good, kind and loving men who treat their wives with respect and love and teach their children well.

The quote that I started my blog with is one that I've heard often over the years and I believe to be true. All of the fathers I've mentioned before are definately all Daddy's too. Every time my dad calls me on the phone I always answer 'Hey Daddy' and I'm never afraid to tell him that I love him. Although my dad hasn't always been here (he's lived interstate) I've never doubted for one second that my dad loves me and would do anything for me. He always helps when I need it and always listens when I talk to him. He's recently become a father again and he is the same way with his new little girl.


Me and my daddy in Sydney

My father-in-law is also a really wonderful dad. I obviously didn't grow up with him but I know he raised a good son!! Over the last 5 years or so I've really got to know him and know him to be a wonderful man. He's so supportive of our little family and always helps us whenever we need it, always going above and beyond what we need. He's also a great grandpa. He adores our little girl, I see it everytime he holds her!

Another father I know is my Uncle J. My Aunty K married my Uncle J when I was about 5 and so he's been in my life for pretty much as long as I can remember! He's a really wonderful man who has always been there for me and my brother and sisters and mum whenever we've needed him, no matter what time of the day or night. He's also a wonderful father to his own daughters who have grown into wonderful young women.

My Uncle J and his 2 daughters

Of course the father that I see most these day's is my wonderful Hubby. He's only recently become a father (10 months ago) and while I know that he was a little worried about becoming a father, he has taken it on and does an aboslutely wonderful job. The look of love and happiness he has when he see's his little girl is absolutely fantastic, there is nothing better. He works so hard to support us and make sure our little girl has the best life that we can give her and more love than she'll ever need.

My hubby and our little girl

The last father is my Heavenly Father. He sent me to earth, gave me life and loves me more than I could possibly ever comprehend. He sent his son to die for me so that I could return to live with him. What greater example of love could there be than that.

There are many other wonderful fathers in my life, my other Uncles, my brother-in-law and friends but I just wanted to pay tribute to some of them. I know there are many men out there who have fathered children but aren't good dad's, but I feel truly blessed to know so many fantastic fathers. Always remember that even if your father isn't perfect, they still raised you and they still love you even if they have trouble showing it.

Have you thanked yours today?

0 comments: